At Avery Wealth our approach is pretty simple: Help you become better educated about the financial decisions that must be made to have a successful retirement.
Retirement planning today can be confusing and difficult. Understanding Social Security, pensions, and how to structure your life savings for retirement is key to having a successful experience. Unfortunately there is no free lunch, so each set of choices will result in pros and cons, as well as different tax outcomes.
We believe that in order for you to make the best decision for your family, it is crucial that the different scenarios are mapped out, so that you can understand the good and bad with each of the options. Once you are able to see the effects of your choices throughout retirement, you can then implement the option that best fulfills your core values.
The process that we use when working with families is as follows:
- FIT Meeting – Before we begin the planning process, we visit to further explain more about our firm and how we work, and learn more about you. We then take some time to digest our conversation and follow up to determine if we both feel like there is a FIT to move forward with a planning relationship.
- Discovery Meeting – Once we determine there is a FIT, during our next visit we spend time better understanding the specifics of your current reality. This allows us to not only understand your financial resources in more detail, but also what is most important to you regarding your values.
- Exploring Options – Once we have taken inventory in the Discovery Meeting, during our next visit we turn our attention to reviewing different planning options that may work well for you. Also known as a strategy meeting, we learn more about which options you are most comfortable using, and begin to narrow our focus to those approaches.
- Implementation – After we have identified your preferred strategy, we build a step-by-step implementation plan for you. This allows you to put the plan in action in a way that makes sense.
- Regular Review – Everyone’s life takes unexpected turns, so during our regular review meetings, we identify changes, and help you determine if adjustments need to be made to your strategy. If so, we revisit the Exploring Options and Implementation stages noted above to insure you are making prudent financial decisions.
Our entire process revolves around a fiduciary relationship. We are focused on sitting on the same side of the table as you, and putting your interests first. Because we are an independent registered advisory firm, there is no pressure to recommend proprietary products and conflicts of interest are limited
Avery Wealth was founded in 2003 in Jackson, Michigan by Dan Reese. We formed the firm with the goal of creating client-advisor relationships built on personal trust and integrity. At Avery Wealth, we serve our clients as an independent Registered Investment Advisor providing fee-based wealth management support to individuals, families, businesses, qualified retirement plans, partnerships and not-for-profits… those with a desire to establish and pursue their long-term financial objectives. We have adopted an approach to client service where the process is understandable and the resulting investment and wealth management strategies are customized to meet the needs of our clients.
In differentiating Investment Professionals, it is important to determine who they answer to. Is it to their clients or their firm? Many financial organization offer company owned products, such as mutual funds, annuities and or managed money platforms. Often times, they are paid more on those products or have bonuses based on the use of those products. Inevitably, it is easy for their interests to be more in line with their company, than with providing their clients with the best solution possible.
Avery Wealth is an independent registered investment advisor. With no added financial interest tied to providing one product over the other, our investment product universe is larger and remains strictly objective to tailor a customized financial solution that is in our clients best interest. We enjoy the freedom and flexibility to create a plan that best suits the unique circumstances and objectives of each of our clients. Because of this, we are free to present the best and most appropriate investments for your life–stage and needs.
For managing your financial portfolio, we offer a prudent approach based on our fiduciary relationship with you as your trusted investment advisor. Fiduciary duty is generally considered the highest legal duty one party can have to another. As a Registered Investment Advisor firm, we have a legal responsibility to always act in your best interests – and we take that responsibility very seriously.